1. Set a cool room temperature.
2. No electronic devices starting 30 minutes before bedtime.
3. No caffeine after 2 p.m.
4. Pajamas, nightdresses and even special t-shirts send a sleep-friendly message to your body. If you wear it to the gym, don’t wear it to bed.
5. Do some light stretching, deep breathing, yoga or meditation to help your body and your mind transition to sleep.
6. When reading a book, make it a physical book or an e-reader that does not emit blue light.
7. Ease yourself into sleep mode by drinking some caffeine-free tea.
8. Before you turn off the lights, write a list of what you are grateful for.